Our client, a global travel retailer with operations in more than 62 countries. is seeking to recruit an Assortment Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and running a high margin productivity portfolio of products that enables the short and long term growth of the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in areas related to merchandising and marketing including but not limited to trend analysis and recognition, buying, sourcing merchandising, consumer marketing/research.
- Understand, analyze and help anticipate competitive retail landscape, changing, trends and potential impacts on the business
- Create and build a profitable merchandising strategy with complete accountability for product selection and planning
- Oversee Merchandising P&L by managing day-to-day operations and lead all merchandising functions including assortment planning and inventory management
- Create and build comprehensive marketing and communications strategy to facilitate growth, sales and marketing strategies in a multi-channel environment.
- Ensure current Point of Sales partners are maximizing their financial performance
- Develop and execute point of sales growth strategies to determine new markets, oversee the roll-out to new markets and ensure new markets deliver financial goals
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Degree in Marketing
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- A merchandising expert with the necessary experience to successfully strengthen the market position and brand recognition;
- Have a proven success in product promotion, product planning and pricing;
- Previous Merchandising with an e-commerce background would be preferable;
- Be a leader with regards to developing and executing on new opportunities to grow product lines;
- Passionate, self-confident individual that is professional and result driven;
- Strong integrity and ability to work within a team;
- Able to work independently within set parameters;
- Good negotiation and customer relationship management skills;
- Good interpersonal skills both with internal and external relationships;
- Great oral and written communication skills;
Good at planning and organizing to ensure priority task management
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 29th November, 2015. Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line and expected remuneration.