Our client, an integrated technology company in electrical engineering and electronics, is seeking to recruit an Operations Manager. The ideal candidate must have a good understanding of the Electrical/Power Utility sector.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Project Portfolio: ensure projects meet deadlines, turnover and sales margins targets; regular monitoring of the project for nonconformance’s (costs, deadlines, quality) and appropriate countermeasures. Monthly Reporting of projects.
- Resource Management: Establish required rolls / functions to execute projects; Establish required number of resources needed to meet current and future project needs on a continuous basis; - Ensure effective and productive and optimized use of resources;- Ensure pipeline of young talent employed.
- Line management: Ensure staffs are developed to function independently with clear growth targets, Ensure adequate and relevant training programs are in place to develop people with assistance of HR
- Direct the operational team of Energy Transmissions group in Kenya, to ensure operational excellence.
- Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output
- Ensure staff are developed to function independently with clear growth targets
- Oversee organizational insurance policies. Ensure health and Safety committee meetings are held and tasks assigned
- Act as the lead in compiling tenders
- Prepare and control operational budgets
- Prepare monthly project reports and ensure deadlines are met and applying appropriate countermeasures in case of non-conformities
- Ensure projects meet deadlines, turnover and sales margins targets; regular monitoring of the project for nonconformance’s (costs, deadlines, quality) and appropriate countermeasures. Monthly Reporting of projects.
- Responsible for servicing current customers as well as driving revenue etc
- Project Experience: Experienced in managing multiple high voltage substation projects for large utilities - >8 years
- Management experience: Line management experience in a high voltage project and engineering environment - >3years
- Intercultural experience: Interface and management multiple people in an intercultural environment. >5years
- Education requirement:
Minimum of a B.SC Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Extensive contract management experience
- Good working knowledge of quality management systems, knowledge systems and planning tools (MS Project)