Industry: Freight Forwarding and Logistics
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Our client, an International Logistics and freight forwarding company with Head Offices in Dubai is seeking to recruit a Commercial Manager to be based in Dar- Es Salaam Tanzania. We are specifically looking for candidates with good Liner and Freight Forwarding business experience as well as good team leadership skills.
Tanzanian nationals and Asians are encouraged to apply
- Proactively manage daily Freight Forwarding activities of the company to include all sea, air, road and warehousing operations
- Leading and directing all Sales and Business Development in line with the company strategy to expand their services within the East African region
- Offering competitive products & services to the market through efficient operations, smart pricing policies and innovative operations – you will develop clear processes and policies to achieve industry best practise in service delivery
- Actively develop client relationships at a senior level and be responsible for delivering services that meet the market requirements and offering smart solutions to secure new business
- Providing leadership, guidance and support to the team, train and motivate staff and develop appropriate succession plans.
- Managing all divisional resources to ensure optimum utilization.
- Utilizing the existing operational abilities and developing a new operational capability as the business grows
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Business Administration or any other related field
- At least 5 years of sea, air and road freight operations experience
- Strong commercial ability, able to identify opportunities and propose competitive services accordingly
- High level position with market knowledge to develop new high value logistics services
- Ability to conceptualise and then deliver new Freight and Transport products & services will be an advantage
- Ability to manage all financial & budgetary issues professionally
If you have the above qualifications, send your CV only to email@example.com by Friday 31st May 2013. Kindly indicate the job title and minimum salary expectation on the subject line.